My 10 Strengths

1.achiever
2.activator
3.analytical
4.competition
5.deliberative
6.empathy
7.futuristic
8.intellection
9.responsibility
10.significance

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Presentation Skills

                   Last week in Ecomm, we learned about the importance of presentation skills. We watched ted talks from influential people such as Bill Gates and Jamie Oliver and graded them on their appearance, eye contact, and posture.We were then given our assignment, which was to present our last assignment, which was making sketches and blogging about it. We printed out the blogpost and stood in front of the class and were graded on the same things we graded the people in ted talks on.

                Before we did any of this, we presented for just one other person and they told us what went well and what could've gone better. I usually don't get too nervous about presentations and my partner didn't have anything for me to improve on, so I felt pretty confident in how the presentation would go. I didn't think about dressing professionally, but that day I was wearing a skirt so it worked out.

              From the presentation I learned some things that I hadn't really thought about before. For example, appearance can play a big role in how people respond to your presentation. Also, eye contact can be very difficult to maintain if you haven't rehearsed your presentation. In the end I got a good grade, so I'm happy,but I will definitely use these skills in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment